The White Swan Inn
Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all bookings made with The White Swan Inn, whether via our website, online via 3rd party, by email or over the telephone. They contain important information about your stay and we kindly ask that you read these carefully. If there is anything you would like to discuss regarding your booking or these terms and conditions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
CHECK IN & CHECK OUT TIMES:
Guests may check in at any time from 15:00 on day of arrival. On departure, we kindly ask that guests vacate no later than 11:00am.
Early check-in and late check-out can be arranged with reception but may be subject to a charge of £20.
Please note our rates stated are at a starting from price, and fluctuate throughout the year depending on season. We often run special offers and late room rate, which you can view here.
The availability shown online is live and always up-to-date. If you can't find the date you are after, please email email@example.com and we will contact you should a room become available.
DEPOSIT FOR YOUR ACCOMODATION:
For best available rate bookings, you need to pay an upfront charge of £100. This forms your deposit. This deposit is non-refundable but may be transferred to a future booking subject to availability.
Please be aware of accommodation fraud. Unfortunately, it does exist.
Accommodation fraud is when you pay money through a booking agent for a hotel reservation, but the reservation does not exist.
Protect yourself from accommodation fraud:
- Be aware that fraudulent adverts do exist. If you have any doubts always contact us direct.
- The safest way to protect yourself from booking hoax accommodation is to book directly through our own website or over the phone. Here you will find the cheapest available rate and all our special offers.
- If you decide to book independently through a third-party agent, you should exercise caution. Our affiliates are booking.com, Expedia, Staylists and Speedy Booker we do not have a contractual agreement with any other 3rd party agent.
- We always make every effort to ensure our partners' rates are within 10% of the direct booking price. If you see a cheaper rate it is highly likely that it is fraudulent.
- We do not offer a room only rate if you see this advertised, beware.
CHANGING OR CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING:
If you wish to make a change to your booking, please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible and will send you a confirmation email with the new booking details if the change has been accepted.
All reservations must be guaranteed with a deposit and a credit/debit card. Cancellations must be made no later than 48 hours prior to arrival. 48hrs are calculated from 15:00 current local time for London on the day of your arrival. Applicable cancellation charges - the first night's accommodation rate including VAT - will be charged to the card details you supplied to us at the time of making your booking. Please note that where a deposit has been paid, all deposits will be non-refundable.
The current coronavirus pandemic and subsequent government restrictions are out of the control of both The White Swan Inn and our guests. Where government guidelines force the full or partial closure of our restaurant or hotel then any prepaid bookings and deposits will become fully transferrable to a future date and supersede the specific booking terms and conditions of any individual reservation.
Should the future date carry higher charges for products or services then the additional amounts will need to be paid as part of the normal deposit process. For example, should a midweek booking be cancelled and then re-booked at a weekend, then additional charges will apply. Future dates may have a minimum length of stay required.
Children are more than welcome, both in the restaurant and to stay.
Children staying under the age of 5 go free.
Children over 5 are charged at £20 per night, bed and breakfast if sharing a parent’s room. Dinner is not included and will be charged as taken.
Children requiring their own room will be charged at adult full rate.
Children’s menu available, served from 6.00pm by prior arrangement.
Guests under 18: Please note that all guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult during their stay.
YOUR STAY -
During your stay, we ask that you comply with the following house rules:
The images of our rooms and facilities on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Every room is unique and the facilities you use during your stay may vary slightly from those images. Your reservation is for a particular type of room and, whilst we will try to accommodate specific room requests, unfortunately we cannot guarantee that you will be able to stay in a specific room during your stay.
Smoking including e-cigarettes, both of which will activate the fire alarm, is not permitted on the premises, and any persons wanting to smoke must do so outside of the building. Smoking in the bedrooms attracts a mandatory room ‘out of order’ charge of one night's tariff. We also reserve the right to terminate the remainder of your stay in the event that we find you have failed to comply with our smoking policy.
Pets are welcome to stay in specific pre-allocated Hideaway rooms. Should you wish to bring your four legged friend with you, by prior arrangement, then please note charges apply.
We kindly ask you not to leave your dog in the room unattended if they are likely to bark or become destructive and that you do not allow your dogs on any soft furnishings. We will pass on any excess cleaning or repair costs that might arise.
We ask that you keep dogs on a lead at all times when in public areas.
If your dog gets dirty on a walk (which let's face it, most dogs love to do) please clean them down before coming back in. We have a hose or watering can that you can use on request but please bring towels for drying.
Dogs are not permitted in the restaurant so if you wish to bring your dog to meals please ask for a table in the bar.
As always, doggy deposits should be bagged and binned. There are dog poo bins located around the car park so please use them. If you have forgotten or have run out of dog bags please ask as we normally have some available.
For practical reasons we limit the number of dogs in a room to 2.
During your stay we invite you to make yourself at home in the Bothy but please note that this space may sometimes not be available for guests due to a private hire or the set up of a private hire. Where this is the case the snug in the main building is cosy, welcoming and always available.
We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the guest to the Inn’s property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address. We will however make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
Guests must report any accident or injury they or their guests may have whilst on the premises immediately to a member of management and in any event, within 24 hours of the incident. This information is needed in order to comply with health and safety obligations and for insurance purposes.
We are unable to take responsibility for your car or any belongings that are in your car whilst you are onsite. Please make sure that all valuables are removed from your car.
If arriving or departing on a Monday, please note: Pickering Market takes place during the hours of 8am and 4pm and the road is closed. You are still permitted access to drive up or down the Market place as The White Swan has authorization through the Ryedale Council we just politely ask that you drive slowly and use your hazard warning lights. If you have any problems, please contact Reception on 01751 472288.
1. Provisional bookings may be cancelled without penalty to you.
2. Your booking becomes confirmed once we have been notified in writing and these terms and conditions have been signed and returned with 5 working days. We also require a 50% deposit three months in advance.
3. Should you have to cancel your confirmed booking a charge may be made equivalent to any loss suffered by the hotel – cancellation charges will be calculated as a % of the total booking value according to the following notice period given:
- 25% If cancelled before 30 days prior to the event
- 50% If cancelled between 30 and 8 days prior to the event
- 100% If cancelled within 7 days of the event
If you give less than 7 days notice of a lesser number of guests attending than that previously confirmed by you, then we reserve the right to charge you the full per head charge for each guest not attending.
4. Any cancellations or amendments must be made in writing.
5. Incidental charges incurred during your stay will be settled by you before departing.
6. We reserve the right to charge/invoice any non-declared beverages consumed from mini-bars and/or honesty bar.
7. You will be charged corkage or equivalent charges for drinks brought in and consumed on the premises.
8. It is your responsibility for checking and settling of all accounts.
9. Our payment terms are 14 days on date of invoice, failure to do so will result in interest being charged.
10. Menus are correct at the time of issuing; there may be slight seasonal variances during the event.
11. Bedrooms will be available from 3pm on the day you arrive and must be vacated by 11am on the day of departure. It is your responsibility to ensure your guests know this.
12. You are responsible for any damage caused by your guests, whether in bedrooms or any other part of the hotel.
13. The entire hotel is non-smoking; any bedrooms that are smoked in will have a mandatory ‘out of order’ charge equivalent to one night’s tariff put on the bill. Please refer to our smoking policy.
14. Affixing signs, displays and posters to walls internally or externally may only be carried out with prior authorisation.
15. The hotel cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings.
The Bothy is available for private hire and is subject to a minimum charge of £100.