Cycling in the tracks of legends. For mountain bikers there’s 800 miles of trail and bridleways across the North Yorkshire Moors. Already famous for Dalby Forest hosting the World Mountain Bike Championships. For road bikes follow the old Tour of Britain (Milk Race) route up Rosedale Chimney Bank, perhaps our equivalent of Mount Ventoux, and now with The Grande Depart in 2014 coming to Yorkshire, where better to come and spend a couple of days sampling the same roads and taking in the stunning scenery of the Moors and coast.
Stay two nights dinner, bed and breakfast in a vintage room, bring your own bikes and store them here under lock and key or we can hire you one from Big Bear Bikes of Pickering, they can also provide a free custom route planned for you (either printed or downloaded to your GPS) and can even organise group guided rides. We will also include a picnic (suitably sized for cycling) from our fabulous deli Feast to keep you going and tea or coffee and cream scone in the Bothy on your return. We can fix punctures and dry clothing and will bend over backwards to assist in any way we can.
Your room offers the very best in comfort with deep baths and showers ideal for relaxing those aching limbs before settling into the bar or the Bothy for a well earned drink and sampling some of the region’s best food. Sourced locally wherever possible, you will be treated to a memorable meal and after all those calories consumed from your ride no need for any guilt after sampling our famous chocolate cake!
After the exercise and fresh air, the deeply satisfying evening’s food and drink, the relaxing bath, refreshing sleep and a hearty breakfast you’ll be restored, reset and ready for anything!
“Not just 1 extra mile, they went 100 extra miles!” Katherine D’s review on Trip Advisor 6th August 2013. Who stayed with us recently to cycle as part of a tour of Britain.
Your Avant Le Tour Yorkshire Cycling Package Includes:
- Two nights accommodation in a vintage room
- Full Yorkshire breakfast each morning
- Secure bike storage
- A homemade picnic for two on one of the days
- Tea, coffee and cream scone on return from your ride
- £36 allowance towards dinner, per person, per night
Rate is £105 per person, per night (a supplement is charged for single occupancy).
In addition Big Bear Bikes offer:
- A 3hr full tune up ‘Bike Fit’ consultation for £95
- If you are hiring their top quality bikes they will set them up ready for morning
- 1/2 day MTB guided rides £95 for 1-4 and then £15 extra per rider (inc. use of mini bus)
- 1 day MTB guided rides £150 for 1-4 and then £20 extra per rider (inc. use of mini bus)
- 1/2 day MTB skills session £95 for 1-2 people
Available until 2013-10-18
All reservations must be guaranteed with a deposit equal to the first nights stay – this is a non-refundable deposit but will be held for a future booking.